The importance of protein in your day
Protein is an important part of a healthy diet, playing a key role in building and repairing cells as well as making hormones and enzymes.
It’s super important that you get enough protein in your diet, as signs of deficiency can look like poor immunity, reduced appetite, mood swings, skin problems, poor sleep and so much more!
The amount you need will vary depending on your weight, gender, age and health, but the good news is you can find protein in a wide range of food. Some great sources include:
- Lean meats such as beef, lamb, veal, pork and kangaroo
- Fish and seafood
- Dairy products such as milk, Greek yoghurt and cottage cheese
- Nuts & seeds
- Legumes and beans
Besides the obvious reasons, other benefits of protein are:
- Maintain a healthy immunity
- Assist in hormone production
- Aid recovery
- Maintain healthy skin & hair
- Supporting weight loss & digestive function
- Stabilise blood sugar levels
- Sustain lean muscle & prevent wastage.
Try this nutrient-rich smoothie that will help provide energy for your day.